Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Thank Yous


I'm starting something new. Although, this isn't a very well established blog so we can just pretend like I've always been doing this.*

In case you've been living under a rock, you should know that I've moved to Chicago. I got here on Tuesday and have been in the process of getting settled. And oh my gosh, ya'll. Apartments are expensive. But I'm very excited to be living here and even more excited to start work on Monday!

Here are all of the people and things I want to thank today:

1. The man who helped me push my car out. Chicago got several feet of snow which makes street parking very interesting most days. I managed to park myself on top of quite a bit of snow and was really struggling to get out of my spot. A man walking by told me how to put my wheels and gave my car a good shove so I could get out.

2. Paige. If not for Paige, I would probably still be wandering around Target muttering, "I don't even know what I need!" and I most definitely would have gotten very lost in IKEA. She has been very helpful in my settling in process and even cleaned my bathroom for me. What a sweetheart!

3. Linksys. Someone in my vicinity has not protected their wireless connection so I am able to use that to connect to the outside world. It's a little spotty and I have to sit on my coffee table in the corner of my apartment to use it, but it works!

4. IKEA. Oh my gosh. Everyone should be thankful for IKEA. The only problem I've found with it is that my car isn't big enough to fit everything I wanted to buy. But perhaps that's a blessing in disguise.

5. Starbucks. On every corner! Thank you, Starbucks, for always being there when I need chai. (I was informed today that chai means tea in Hindi, so when one says "chai tea" they are really saying "tea tea." I won't be making that mistake anymore.)

Who are you thanking today?

*I'm going to try to make this a weekly occurrence. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad that you've had every single one of those things/people on your list! Yay for moving and being happy!! I'm really excited for you. This is a good, new direction in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily agree with #4 and #5...although I'm sure Paige, linksys, and the dude are wonderful, too :)

    ReplyDelete