Monday, March 14, 2011

Top 5 Things That Have Happened To Me Recently


Wow guys, sorry. My name is Melissa and it has been 17 days since my last confession (of a listaholic). Life has been so busy! But here's a fun post to catch you all up on my life. So without further ado, the top 5 things that have happened to me in the past two weeks and a few days:

1. New phone! I got a smartphone, but it is very capable of making me feel dumb. It's an HTC Incredible and I'm still figuring out how to make it work.

2. Online dating! I had a brief adventure into the world of online dating and found it creepy and time consuming. However, I did go on two agreeable dates with a nice guy named Alex (who I decided I wasn't interested in) and I have a date tomorrow with a guy named Jon. I have deleted my account, though, because I was spending so much time online creeping profiles.

3. Work! No, seriously. I love work and it's exciting. As of today, I have worked there an entire month. It's lovely. We go bowling and to hockey games and to Cubs games (in April) and spend a lot of time hanging out. Oh, and I guess we work too.

4. Parties! I had my housewarming party last weekend and I had fun. I think everyone else did too. And then this past weekend I partied myself out and had to lay low on Saturday, one of the biggest party days in Chicago! Oh well. I don't think I'd like green beer anyway.

5. Starbucks! In celebration of their anniversary, they decided to give away treats between 2 and 5 on March 10-12. I went on the 11th and the 12th. I've also decided that my new goal in life is to get a Starbucks Gold Card, so I've registered my gift card (and I may have purchased a gift card solely for this purpose) and am only using that at Starbucks!

Well, those are the most exciting things that have happened to me in the last two weeks and a few days. I'm off to celebrate the birthday of Enrique the goldfish, who is turning 1 today, with Paige, Kate, Ashley, and Ashley!

PS-I love this picture! It's so adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Are you jealous of my Stabucks Gold card? I've had it for almost a year :)

    ReplyDelete